Você está aqui: Página Inicial / English / Before Coming to Brazil

Before Coming to Brazil

por kesia.ventura — publicado 19/11/2015 16h13, última modificação 19/11/2015 16h13

Entrance Visas

All foreign visitors must have a passport and entrance visa. The passport must be valid for the period of permanence in the country.

The temporary visas usually granted to visiting students and to professors/researchers are those of Vitem IV or I, respectively. These visas are obtained at the Brazilian Embassy or Consulate closest to the foreigner’s country of origin, before his/her arrival in Brazil.

Temporary Visa IV - VITEM IV

The VITEM IV may be granted to the foreigner who comes to Brazil as a student, including those of a religious nature, and those who participate in programs denominated “split sandwich program”, with or without a scholarship.

To obtain the VITEM IV, the interested party should furnish, in addition to the requirements mentioned above, proof of means of subsistence in Brazil, proof of enrollment or place in a pertinent institution and proof of no prior penal involvement or its local equivalent.

The VITEM IV will be valid for a maximum period of one year, which may be extended in Brazil for 30 days after its expiration date upon application to the DPMAF.

Temporary Visa - Vitem I

The temporary visa Vitem I is granted to the professor and researcher who comes to Brazil through some type of exchange or cooperative agreement with the foreign institution, or as a guest to give lectures or seminars. In this case, the professor/researcher has no work contract with a Brazilian institution.

The temporary visa is generally valid for a period of one year, which can be extended for one more year.

equest for extension should be made at the Department of Federal Police in Belo Horizonte at least 30 days before the expiration date of the visa, via proof of renewal of an academic connection with the Educational Institution.

After receiving the conditional letter of acceptance from the university, request the student visa. This visa is required to enroll at University.

Any person bearing temporary visa I, IV, or V must register at the Department of Federal Police in Belo Horizonte within 30 days of entering into Brazilian territory. After being registered, a temporary foreign identity card will be issued.